- Experience selling specialty chemicals to the Household, Industrial & Institutional Markets.
- Ability to develop excellent customer relationships that will foster account penetration and establishment of Maroon as a valued supplier to these companies.
- Ability to professionally sell based on FAB’s (Features, Advantages, Benefits) to help our customers achieve their strategic goals
- Understands competitive landscape with demonstrated ability to close business.
1. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
1.1. Sales Territory Leadership
- Territory sales growth and management
- Product and Sales training
- Sustain and improve the level of service offered to our customers via unique and new service initiatives working within company operating procedures.
- Prompt follow-up on company and supplier supplied leads.
1.2. Principal Supplier Engagement/Coordination
- Collaborate with Principal Suppliers on specific accounts within their territory
- Promote key products at Customers and Prospect to grow profit and market share.
- Participation in new product introductions, training, joint sales calls and testing.
1.3. Organizational Development
- Provide input to marketing/market research on opportunities to exploit product positions
- Proactive communications to work synergistically with the entire organization and our supplier base.
- Active participation in sales meetings, customer visits and all technical programs.
- Positively impact the culture of Maroon Group LLC.
2. ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
2.1. Direct reporting to the Senior Vice President, Sales
3. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3.1. Education and Training
- Technical degree preferred; Chemistry, Biology, Engineering
- Professional Sales Training
- 3 years technical sales, tech services and/or lab experience.
- Sales experience in the Chemical Industry, Specialty Chemicals, Specialty Additives, Raw Materials supplier to HI&I markets in the Southeast region.
- Demonstrated success as a Sales professional and/or Applications Specialist participating in sales teams to profitably grow product sales.
- Professional sales management discipline: use of CRM, documentation of sales activities (call reports, account plans, customer/prospect profiles, itineraries, account profitability review), development of a territory plan.
- Success introducing new products to a market and supporting base business.
- Lead by example Maroon’s culture and values.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Act legally and ethically in all professional relationships in adherence with Maroon culture and values statements.
- Growth of territory volumes and Gross Profit.
- Number of successful new product introductions and expansion of customer base.
- Management of territory profitability.
- Sales productivity metrics based.
Contact Kathleen Eatough at firstname.lastname@example.org.